Looking at my WordPress stats for last year, I was surprised to find that 4 out of my top 5 most visited posts were actually written in 2012. Perhaps my writing is getting worse!
My posts on Byzantium and Istanbul are still popular, but I am really pleased that the post on my visit to Montaigne’s Tower has been popular too. I really enjoyed my visit to the estate at St Michel de Montaigne and writing the post using many of the record shots of my visit.
I was also surprised to find that while I wrote 70 posts in my first year, I only wrote about 30 last year. I will try to blog more often this year– providing I can find something interesting to blog about.
So the top 5 blog posts in 2013 were:
- Islamic art and the mosques of Istanbul
- Byzantine Imperial Mosaics
- Reading the world – visiting Montaigne’s Tower
- And then they came to the holy city of Byzantium – Haghia Sophia 3
- Mystras: last outpost of Byzantium – the Palaces of the Despots